We want our travelers to make responsible decisions during their travel experience. Here are some things students can do to be smart, safe, and healthy on vacation.
- Check you hotel room and report any damage immediately.
- Do not hang out on the balconies of the hotel.
- Secure any valuables in a hotel safety deposit box.
- Do not damage any hotel property, including your room.
- Make sure your hotel door and balcony door are locked AT ALL TIMES, whether you are in the room or not.
- Don't make calls from your hotel phone.
- Be respectful to all citizens of the country you are visiting.
- Please use the emergency phone number in case of an emergency.
- Drink bottled water.
- Tip 15% on all bills.
- Remember to purchase calling cards to call home.
- Drink responsibly if and when you choose to drink.
- Know your limits.
- Note the time and amount of drinks per hour you are consuming.
- Three drinks over the span of two hours is not the same as three drinks in one hour, remember: ONE BEER = ONE GLASS OF WINE = ONE SHOT OF LIQUOR.
- Do not accept drinks from strangers.
- Do not carry open containers of alcohol in the street.
- Don't use, sell, or buy drugs.
- Drugs are illegal in every country and such laws are strictly enforced.
- Do not go on the beaches or swim at night.
- No diving in the pools.
- Follow all rules posted at the pool or on the beach.
- Swim at your own risk when a lifeguard is not on duty.
- Follow any flags or posting markers on the beach that are used to warn you about dangerous tides, harsh water conditions, or any other warning the beach patrol feels is necessary.
- Check with the EasyUSA Staff for guidance on the cheapest, easiest and most reliable form of transportation in your specific destination.
- Use only licensed taxis.
- Negotiate the fare before entering the taxi and always travel with a buddy.